4.03.2010

Saturday Update

Yay, the weekly Saturday update is just something I'll try to get in every Saturday (Obviously) and where I'll just show off anything that I haven't already (Screenies, game files, etcetera). For today, I'll just show off two platformer games and something else that I'm currently working on.

Generic Platformer

If you haven't already figured it out, the game is called Generic Platformer because (1) it's currently a tentative title and (2) the game is basically a generic platformer. Same as any other platformer, you control a... thing with a :3 expression and have to make your way across many levels. Some screenshoots:



Xero

Some of you might remember, if you were on YYG, a long time ago, I had an image advertising Xero in my signature. Since then, that idea has long been in the trash can, but I decided to reuse the graphics (and the name) to make a newer platformer.
In this Xero, you basically take the roll of an engineer whose goal is to repair the ship that you're in. It'll be slightly explorative, but it is mainly a puzzle game (And no, there are no Necromorphs). Screenie!



Cave Game
Yet another uncreative name, but the title is tentative also. Cave Game is basically a top-down hexagonal-grid based game in which you are searching for as many treasures as you can before you make it out of the cave. The cave itself is unbelievable (and by that, I just mean it's not very realistic), as it includes ice, water, and grass in addition to a normal rock floor type. Either way, I plan on having it procedurally generated with at least 50 different treasures. And now for a screenshoot (The player sprite has yet to be made):

3 comments: